So I have to admit there's been a bit of a rethink regarding the conclusion to my animation. Given the time and effort involved in modelling and texturing an entire landscape just for a few seconds of extra footage at the end, I have reworked the story to allow it to finish properly within the world in which it begins.
This post is primarily going to be a collection of preliminary ideas relating to the rethink.
Firstly, one suggested idea was to have the sphere change colour/show a landscape inside it to reveal where it is going to send creatures that touch it. My particular hangup with this idea is that the sphere would lose a lot of what made it so mysterious and meaningful in the first place, mainly the complete mystery of exactly what it is and what is does. And it would also lose one of the main themes of the animation: the uncertain afterlife. I think a lot of what happens here is going to be affected by how much I can fit into the animation...
No comments:
Post a Comment